After a broad survey of Hoosiers who DRINK, it was impossible to narrow the list down to just one most popular drink. Here is a short summary of those that made my list:
- The “Hoosier Heritage,” Indiana's "unofficial" signature cocktail is the result of a contest held by the Indiana State Museum in 2015. The cocktail, named "Hoosier Heritage," is made with Knob Creek rye whiskey in honor of Abraham Lincoln, who moved to Indiana in 1816 from Knob Creek Farm. Jason Foust, the winner of the big prize, mixes in maple syrup, lemon juice, and apple cider to create the concoction.
- Millions of people actually see this particular drink consumed once a year on Memorial Day! MILK for the 500 winner!
- Conner Prairie Apple Slushies. Conner Prairie is an outdoor living history museum that is incredible and whatever they do is GREAT!
- A number of respondents nominated Triple XXX Root Beer, a homegrown version of root beer. Very popular summer-time beverage.
- The official Indiana beverage is Water – 2007 115th General Assembly of Indiana Senate Resolution 20.
- Sazerac Fire Ball (A New Albany favorite which speaks for itself).
- Bees Knees, my personal favorite: Ingredients and instructions follow!