The ABA Senior Lawyers Division is now accepting nominations for the 2019 John H. Pickering Achievement Award, which will be presented on Thursday, August 8, 2019, during the ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
The award honors the life and accomplishments of John H. Pickering, an outstanding lawyer who was involved in a wide variety of pro bono activities and law-related societal issues affecting the elderly.
The award nominees shall have attained the age of 55 years; must be a lawyer or judge (not necessarily a member of the American Bar Association); shall have demonstrated throughout his or her career outstanding legal ability; shall have compiled a distinguished record of dedicated service to the profession and the community at large and made significant contributions to the furtherance of access to justice for all.
- Nominations can be completed (1) online, (2) emailed, or (3) sent by mail.
- The deadline to submit nominations is February 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. The deadline will not be extended.
- 2019 nominees will receive an email notification of their nomination that includes the name(s) of the individual(s) who nominated them.
- Nomination form. The cover page of nomination materials should be the completed nomination form. Click the button below to download the necessary documents. (Required)
- Biography. The second document should be the nominee’s resume or biography, on a single typed page. (Required)
- Criteria. In no more than three (3) typed pages, a description of the nominee’s activities and accomplishments that demonstrate how they relate to the high standards of achievement set by John H. Pickering. (Required)
- Supporting materials. Additional materials relevant to the criteria for selection may be submitted, such as letters of support (limit 5), articles (limit 3), publications, awards, and recognitions received (all materials limited to 8½ x 11 only.) Please do not submit binders, bound, bulky or repetitious materials.(optional)
- Only applications that include all required documentation will be considered. Please submit nomination by no later than February 28, 2019, either online via the link below, by email to Lexie Heinemann at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at ABA Senior Lawyers Division, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654, or online.