Nomination deadline is January 15, 2021.
The ABA Senior Lawyers Division is now accepting nominations for the 2021 John H. Pickering Achievement Award, which will be presented during the ABA Annual Meeting in August 2021.
The award honors the life and accomplishments of John H. Pickering, an outstanding lawyer who was involved in a wide variety of pro bono activities and law-related societal issues affecting the elderly.
The award nominees shall have attained the age of 55 years; must be a lawyer or judge (not necessarily a member of the American Bar Association); shall have demonstrated throughout their career outstanding legal ability; shall have compiled a distinguished record of dedicated service to the profession and the community at large and made significant contributions to the furtherance of access to justice for all.
Nominations from historically underrepresented groups, specifically people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
- Nominations can be completed online or emailed.
- The deadline to submit nominations is January 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET. The deadline will not be extended.
- 2021 nominees will receive an email notification of their nomination that includes the name(s) of the individual(s) who nominated them.
- Nomination form. The cover page of nomination materials should be the completed nomination form. Click the button below to download the necessary documents. (Required)
- Biography. The second document should be the nominee’s resume or biography, on a single typed page. (Required)
- Criteria. In no more than three (3) typed pages, a description of the nominee’s activities and accomplishments that demonstrate how they relate to the high standards of achievement set by John H. Pickering. (Required)
- Supporting materials. Additional materials relevant to the criteria for selection may be submitted, such as letters of support (limit 5), articles (limit 3), publications, awards, and recognitions received. (optional)
- Only applications that include all required documentation will be considered. Please submit nomination no later than January 15, 2021, either online or by email to email@example.com. Online is encouraged. No hardcopy materials will be accepted.