Get Involved. Stay Involved.
The Section is excited to announce the 2017–2019 class of RPTE Fellows. After much discussion, the following individuals have been chosen to represent the Section for the 2017–2019 bar years:
Trust & Estate Fellows
Real Property Fellows
The Section also sends a huge thank you to the 2017 selection committee.
About the Fellows Program
The ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Fellows Program encourages the active involvement and participation of young lawyers in Section activities. The goal of the program is to give young lawyers an opportunity to become involved in the substantive work of the RPTE Section, while developing into future leaders.
- Are assigned to work with a substantive Committee Chair, who serve as a mentor and help expose you to all aspects of committee membership
- Get involved in a substantive project, which may include writing for a RPTE publication
- Become a Section liaison to the ABA Young Lawyers Division or your local bar association
- Become an active member of the Membership Committee
- Attend important Section leadership meetings
The Fellowship appointment is for two years. To be considered for selection, a person must (1) have practiced in the trusts and estates or real property area for at least one year, (2) be younger than 36 years of age or have been admitted to the bar less than 10 years, and (3) have demonstrated leadership at the state or local bar level or in the ABA Young Lawyers Division. Applicants need not be ABA or RPTE members, yet we require accepted Fellows to become dues paying members of both the ABA and RPTE. All Fellows will receive reimbursement of up to $2,750 annually to attend Section meetings.
The Section promotes full and equal participation in our membership, the association, our profession, and the justice system by all persons. As such, we are committed to ensuring that no less than half of the Fellows chosen each year are diverse.
Questions about the Fellows Program? Contact Monica Larys at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.