See You in 2020
Location: South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, SC
This is the ideal estate planning CLE program for both new and experienced lawyers. Young or transitioning lawyers new to the practice will receive a strong educational experience focused on the “how to” or estate planning in the program Fundamentals course; while more experienced lawyers will appreciate the opportunity to further expand their knowledge in the program’s Advanced Topics course. The outstanding facility includes experts in all aspects of estate planning and will cover a wide range of topics.
Who Should Attend the Fundamentals Program?
New estate planners — both young attorneys new in the profession, and attorneys seeking to make a transition from another area of law. We recommend that attorneys have been practicing law for at least three years. Please note that this program is not open to law school graduates of 2019. Download the Fundamentals brochure.
Advanced Topics Program
Who Should Attend the Advanced Topics Program?
Attorneys experienced in estate planning seeking to increase their knowledge and skills within the practice. Attorneys who have completed the Fundamentals Program are encouraged to attend the Advanced Topics Program for more training. Download the Advanced Topics brochure.
Benefits of Attending
- An outstanding facility who share their insights and strategies on the most pressing issues estate planners currently face
- An intensive classroom environment that encouraged interaction and integrates substance with practical skills instruction
- Detailed course materials that serve as a valuable reference when you return to your office
- The opportunity to network with faculty and other participants from across the country at receptions, complementary breakfasts and lunches, as well as informally in the evenings
- Between 24 – 54 hours of CLE credit depending on your state and the course chose
Registration & Tuition
Tuition for Fundamentals:
Tuition includes all instruction, electronic materials, continental breakfasts, lunches each day, and two receptions.
- $1,795 RPTE Section Member Registration Rate
- $1,895 ABA Member Registration Rate
- $1,995 General Registration Rate
- $1,050 Government Registration Rate (Limited number of spaces for full-time government employees)
Tuition for Advanced Topics:
Tuition includes all instruction, electronic materials, continental breakfasts, lunches each day, and one reception.
- $1,100 RPTE Section Member Registration Rate
- $1,200 ABA Member Registration Rate
- $1,300 General Registration Rate
- $650 Government Registration Rate (Limited number of spaces for full-time government employees)
Online registration closed.
Need based financial scholarships are available. Qualifying attorneys may receive at least a 50% discount in tuition. Application requests should be completed no later than May 31, 2019. This does not include any reduction in meals, lodging, or travel costs associated with the course. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please download the scholarship application and return to RPTE staff.
A block of sleeping rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Columbia Center from Sunday, July 14, 2019, through Sunday, July 20, 2019, at a group rate of $135 per night for a single or double room (plus taxes). The group rates are guaranteed until the block is full or until 5 PM CST, Sunday, June 23, 2019. Reservations received after 5 PM CST on June 24 will be based on availability.
Call the hotel: 803-744-7800 and mention code C-ABAR
The ABA will seek 21 hours of CLE credit in 60-minute states, and 25.2 hours of CLE credit for this program in 50-minute states including 1.5 hours of CLE specialty ethics credit in 60-minute states and 1.8 hours of CLE specialty ethics credit in 50-minute states. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules. Please visit the program website at ambar.org/skillstraining for program CLE details or visit americanbar.org/mcle for general information on CLE at the ABA.
The ABA will seek 41.5 hours of CLE credit in 60-minute states, and 48.3 hours of CLE credit for this program in 50-minute states including 1.5 hours of CLE specialty ethics credit in 60-minute states and 1.5 hours of CLE specialty ethics credit in 50-minute states. Credit hours are estimated and are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules. Please visit the program website at ambar.org/skillstraining for program CLE details or visit americanbar.org/mcle for general information on CLE at the ABA.
Cancellations received by Friday, July 5, 2019 will receive a 100% refund, less a $75 cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations after that date; however, substitute registrants are welcome before the program starts.