Movin' Out: A Panel on Transitioning from Private Practice to In-House Counsel
Recorded on October 12, 2022
- Joe M. Doren, Texas Roadhouse, Louisville, KY;
- Jaclyn G. Feffer, Bessemer Trust, New York, NY;
- Eric M. Mathis, National Instruments Corporation, Southfield, MI;
- Joshua Miller, Acadia Management Co. Inc., Boston, MA;
- Hannah Dowd McPhelin, Harristown Enterprises, Inc., Harrisburg, PA;
No longer saddled with time-tracking and maintaining a book of business, the allure an in-house counsel position is undeniable. But is a life of corporate speak, endless meetings, and business advice make it worth the risk of “movin' out”? Our panel of attorneys who have successfully made the transition will describe their personal experiences, including how to prepare for this transition, tips and traps, life after making the change, and insights on considerations and strategies that only an insider can offer.