Heckerling Report - 2000
The 34th Annual Philip E. Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning that is being held January 10-14, 2000 at th e Fontainebleau Hilton in Miami Beach, Florida.
Scope of Institute, Faculty and Program Schedule
- Report #1 - Monday, January 10
Software and Other Vendors
- Report #2 - Monday, January 10
Recent Developments, Opening Session, Additional Vendor News
Speakers: Tina Portuondo, Dick Covey, Malcom Moore, Stacy Eastland
- Report #3 - Tuesday, January 11
"When IRD Meets ERISA"
Speakers: Natalie Choate
- Report #4 -- Tuesday, January 11
The Tuesday Sessions
Speakers: Dick Covey, Mal Moore, Stacy Eastland, Dave Cornfeld, Natalie Choate, Don Jansen, Georgianna Slade, Howard (Scott) McCue, Maria Nunez, Bruce Ross
- Report #4a -- Tuesday, January 11
Correction to Mal Moore Comments
- Report #5 -- Tuesday, January 11
Speakers: Donald Jansen -- "Life Insurance Potpourri: No Employer? - Try Family Split Dollar and Other Recent Developments" AND Howard McCue -- Planning and Drafting to Influence Behavior (of Children and Grandchildren)."
- Report #6 - Tuesday, January 11
More News about Software Vendors
- Report #7 - Tuesday, January 11 and Wednesday, January 12
Speakers: -- Bruce Ross "Ethics and MDP" AND Lou Mezzullo - Choice of Family Business Entity for Estate Planning Purposes
- Report #8 - Wednesday, January 12
Special Session I-C -- "The Total Return Trust [TRU] Revolution: An Introduction"
Speakers: Robert Wolf, Stephan Leimberg and Susan Porter AND Special Session II-A "CASE STUDY - Total Return Trusts: Techniques and Applications"
Speakers: Robert Wolf and Bruce Guiot.
- Report #9 - Thursday, January 13 - Thursday morning sessions
Speakers: Daniel Markstein on Stock Options Byrle Abbin on Economics of CRTs James Narron on Inter Vivos Noncharitable Gifts Jerome Hesch on Beyond the Freeze
- Report #10 - Friday January 14 - Friday morning sessions
Speakers: Read Moore on Community Property Alaska Style, Jonathan Blattmachr on EP for Individuals Worth $3 Million or Less (yes, less, not more), and the final Q&A Session, which was run by Messrs. Alan Bonapart, Louis Mezzullo, Susan Porter and Edward Schlesinger.
- Report #11 - The Final Word