Frequently Asked Questions
ABA/KIND National Training on
Representation and Advocacy for Unaccompanied Immigrant Children - December 11-13, 2019 at The Four Seasons Houston
- Who should attend?
- This training is intended for staff and volunteer attorneys engaged in the provision of free or pro bono legal services on behalf of unaccompanied immigrant children.
- Is there a limit on attendees from a single program?
- There is no limit on attendees from a single program, but the training is geared towards attorneys and accredited representatives who regularly represent unaccompanied immigrant children in immigration proceedings either through a legal services program or pro bono service. Due to limits on the number of participants, the organizers reserve the right to review applications and select applicants to ensure a variety of participants and perspectives.
- Who needs to submit an application to attend the UC training?
- Anyone who wishes to attend any part of the 3-day training must submit an application to participate.
- Do I need to apply to attend if I am also submitting a program proposal?
- Yes, you and all other panelists on your proposed program should submit applications to attend.
- When are the applications to attend and program proposals due:
- They are due by Friday, August 30, 2019.
- When will I find out if my application to attend the UC national training is approved?
- The conference organizers will let you know if you have been invited to participate by the middle to end of September. If you are invited to attend, you will receive a link to register.
- When will I find out if my program proposal is accepted?
- The conference organizers will inform you if your program is accepted by the end of September 2019.
- Is there a fee to register?
- Yes, there is a $40 registration fee. You will be asked to pay the registration fee once you have been accepted and sent the registration link.
- Are there scholarships available for the registration fee and/or travel costs?
- Yes, there are some limited scholarships available for participants who would otherwise be unable to attend. Preference will be given to panelists and individuals who are facilitating specific training sessions. To request a waiver of the registration fee and/or to request assistance with travel and lodging, please write to Laura Rheinheimer at: [email protected].