The views expressed herein have not been approved by the House of Delegates or the Board of Governors of the American Bar Association, and accordingly, should not be construed as representing the policy of the American Bar Association.
The latest edition of the U.S. Children’s Bureau’s CBX Newsletter is dedicated to the role of the legal and judicial communities in improving outcomes for children and families. CLP Today readers will find practical information and resources on topics that are closely aligned with the work of the ABA Center on Children and the Law and our partners in the field.
Read a message from the Children’s Bureau’s David Kelly, and spotlight articles on:
- Leadership from State Supreme Courts
- Prevention as Our Common Goal: A Proposed Community Path to Success
- Missouri’s Multidisciplinary Approach to Child Welfare Systems Transformation
Check the “CIP Talks” videos for inspiring talks from leaders in the field (including ABA Attorney Jennifer Renne) on:
- reducing the number of unnecessary removals
- engaging parents, children, and youth
- promoting kinship care
Several CLP Today articles also appeared in the issue as key resources for practitioners:
- Reasonable Efforts as Prevention
- The Importance of Family Time in Supporting Reunification
- Measuring Parents’ Legal Representation