Whats a checklist for a safe home?
- Repair steps and railings.
- Cover holes.
- Fix uneven walkways.
- Install adequate lighting.
- Clear walkways of ice and snow as soon as possible.
- Be sure children do not leave toys on steps and sidewalks.
- Replace throw rugs that slip or bunch up.
- Reroute extension cords that stretch across traffic lanes.
- Repair frayed electrical cords.
- Keep poisons and other hazards out of the reach of children, even if you don't have children.
- Warn guests about icy conditions and other hazards.
- Restrain your pet.
- Erect barriers to your swimming pool; an automatic pool cover or a tall fence with a good lock that you lock, and an alarm on any door leading to the pool.
- Remove all guns or keep them securely locked and out of sight, where children cannot see them or gain access to them.
- Remove nails from stored lumber; secure any lumber piles.
- Don't leave ladders standing against the side of the house or garage.
- Don't let children stand nearby when you mow the lawn.
- Don't let your guests drink and drive or drive under the influence of drugs.
>>What are some liability risks?
>>Whats a checklist for a safe home?
>>What happens if someone is injured on my property and we are both at fault?
>>What about liability in regard to children?
>>If I host a party in my house, am I liable for my guests' actions?
>>What about liability concerning my pets?
>>What should I do if someone is injured on my property?