chevron-down Created with Sketch Beta.
March 18, 2013

When You Need a Lawyer

If You're Not Satisfied

Where can I file a complaint against my lawyer?

If you believe you have a valid complaint about how your lawyer has handled your case, inform the organization that grants or withholds licenses to practice law in your state. Usually this is the disciplinary board of the state supreme court. You'll find it under the government listings for your state. You can also obtain its location from the local bar association. Or access for a listing of lawyer disciplinary agencies.

Making a complaint of this sort may punish the lawyer for misconduct, but it will probably not help you recover any money.

>>I am upset with the way my lawyer handled my case. Can I file a complaint?
>>Where can I file a complaint against my lawyer?
>>How can I get money to compensate me for my lawyer's misconduct?

Practical Law Home | When You Need a Lawyer | Help from Lawyers | Looking for a Lawyer
Questions to Ask a Lawyer | Legal Fees and Expenses | *If You're Not Satisfied*