chevron-down Created with Sketch Beta.
March 18, 2013

The Law and Your Business

Home-based Businesses

What if I want to open a day-care center?

These businesses are often regulated by states and localities. Many states have special license requirements for day care centers. You may get a break, though, if you're only caring for a small group of children. In some states, the licensing and other requirements for day care centers in private homes that care for only a few children are less rigorous than larger group day care centers. Either way, find out what regulations apply and deal with them early in the process.

>>Do I have to be concerned about zoning?
>>What if there’s a problem with the zoning authorities?
>>Can I deduct my home office?
>>What are the IRS rules on home offices?
>>What, exactly, can I deduct?
>>What insurance will I need for my home business?
>>What if I want to open a day-care center?

Practical Law Home | The Law & Your Business Home | Securing Capital
State/Local Laws That Affect New Businesses | *Home-based Businesses*