chevron-down Created with Sketch Beta.
March 18, 2013

Renting a Home


Where can I get more information?

Many states and cities have departments of housing, fair housing, or human affairs. Employees there can usually answer questions and accept complaints of discrimination. Municipal housing departments can also receive complaints of inadequate maintenance. Check government listings in the local telephone directory.

>>What is an eviction?
>>What are the legal grounds for eviction in most areas?
>>What happens in court?
>>Can a tenant legally withhold rent?
>>Where can I get more information?

Practical Law Home | Renting a Home | Leases | Lease Clauses to Consider | *Evictions*
Security Deposits | Fair Housing | Where to Get More Help