chevron-down Created with Sketch Beta.
April 11, 2012

Domestic Violence

Where Can I Go for Help?

Where can I find a lawyer?

Many state, county, and city bar associations operate lawyer referral and information services. These programs can provide you with information on the legal system and refer you to a private attorney with expertise in family law. Check in the phone book under the name of the bar association or in the Yellow Pages under “lawyer referral services,” or access Depending on your income, you may qualify for free or reduced-cost legal services. Check with your local bar association, look in the Yellow Pages under “legal aid,” “legal assistance,” or “legal services,” or access the Internet site above.

>>What should I do in a crisis situation?
>>Where can I find a lawyer?
>>Where can I get more information about domestic violence services and resources?

Practical Law Home | Domestic Violence Home | Abuse Is Not Okay
Getting an Order of Protection | *Where Can I Go for Help?*