- Review the Guidelines for Entry.
- Complete the Online Entry Form (deadline: January 8, 2020).
- If you wish to submit “Supporting Information” as one PDF file (up to 10 pages or 2 MGs), you may (a) upload or (b) link to a URL directly on the Online Entry Form.
- Book entries must be mailed “hard copy.” For all other categories, actual entry materials must be submitted electronically: (a) uploading, or (b) linking to URLs of files hosted online. Exemptions to electronic submission of non-book actual entry materials may be granted in exceptional circumstances. To request, email email@example.com by January 3, 2020.
- When submitting actual book entries “hard copy," reference the assigned entry number and entry title.
- Upon completing the Online Entry Form, entrants will receive an email acknowledging receipt and providing how-to instructions on Paying Entry Fees (@ $100) by credit card or check (payment deadline: January 17, 2020).
- Program questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Will You Need?: Completing the Online Entry Form
The ABA has designed the online form to facilitate submission of entries for the 2020 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts. To ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible, please be prepared to provide the following:
- Contact information for all “key creative personnel” (up to five)
- Key entry data (title, release date, audience, length or duration, public access to entry)
- Entry abstract/summary (4,000 character maximum)
- Supporting information (up to 10 pages optional, one pdf ready for uploading or linking to URL)
- Single files of actual entries, only if being submitted via upload
- URL to actual entries, only if being submitted online (entrants are responsible for hosting their media)
- Upon submission of your Online Entry Form, you will receive a confirmation email, which includes information on payment options for entry fees. If paying by credit card, have this information available.
- If you choose to pay entry fees online, you will be directed to a link to pay the ABA.