July 30, 2019
- School-wide assemblies or programs with school organizations like the PTA or library
- These can take many forms, including panel discussions with local candidates for office, presentations from local advocates for gender equality or voting rights
- Get out the vote programs
- Contact your local chapter of the League of Women Voters for information on how to coordinate a get out the vote campaign with students in your area
- Students as Election Judges
- Mikva Challenge empowers students to take part in real-life democratic activities, including serving as election judges.
- Spark students’ interest in the 19th Amendment by facilitating an essay, poster, video, or journalism contest.
- Topics you may ask students to explore:
- What does the vote mean to you?
- What does equality mean to you?
- How can we ensure full suffrage for all citizens?
- Information on setting up a YouTube contest>>