Purpose of Law Day Awards
Highlight the best programs that promote public understanding of law and integrate the 2019 theme “Free Speech, Free Press, Free Society,” into innovative activities that serve the community.
- Best Student Program
- Best Public Program
- Best Theme Interpretation
Entrants may submit for up to two categories. However an individual or organization can only win in one category.
Any individual or group who implements a Law Day 2019 program is eligible to enter.
How to Enter
You can enter via email or mail. DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM HERE.
If you email your entry, simply download the form from the website, fill it out and attach the completed form to your email along with your activity narrative (summary of your program) and electronic copies of your supporting materials that detail your activities.
Send this email to email@example.com by June 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM (PST).
You may mail your submission instead. Be sure to mail six (6) copies of your entire entry (including the completed entry form, activity narrative, supporting materials, work products, and photographs) to the address provided.
Please keep the supporting materials to a maximum of 15 pages. You may also include work products (programs, flyers, proclamations, releases, etc.) and photographs that help illustrate your program’s effectiveness. Work products and photographs are not counted as part of the 15-page supporting materials limit. Therefore, you may include photos, etc. in addition to your supporting material pages.
Your entry (via email or mail) should consist of:
- Completed Entry Form
- Activity Narrative (not to exceed 750 words)
- Describe your program impact on the audience and any effect it has beyond Law Day
- Supporting Materials (not to exceed 15 pages)
- Articles about your activity
- Letters of support and thanks, etc.
- Work Products
- Press releases
- Video of your activity etc.
- Activity Photographs (electronic photos of your activity are strongly encouraged)
*Entries will not be returned. Videos may be included with your entry, but please note that videos may not be utilized in lieu of the entry form. Entry forms must still be completed for each submission.
Submissions are judged on the following criteria:
- How well the activity expands public awareness of the rule of law.
- How well the entry highlights the 2019 Law Day theme “Free Speech, Free Press, Free Society.”
- Whether there is an appropriate audience and how well the program engages the target audience(s). Â
- Whether there are clear objectives for the activities, programs, and events.
- How well the program forged partnerships with community groups, schools, and the legal community.
- Quality and innovation of the program.
- If there is an impact beyond Law Day and whether the Activity Narrative effectively conveys this.
Entrants may only submit for up to two of the three eligible categories. Â
If you win, you will receive an inscribed plaque presented at the ABA Midyear Meeting in February 2020. You will also receive a gift certificate, be prominently featured in the 2020 Planning Guide and on the Law Day website as a winner and best practice program.
Entries must be emailed by 11:59 PM (PST) or postmarked by June 30, 2019 to be considered.
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail six (6) copies of your entire entry to:
Law Day Awards
Attn: Chandra Fitzpatrick
ABA Division for Public Education
321 N. Clark Street, MS 17.2
Chicago, IL 60654-7598
*Please note that the mailstop number has changed to 17.2.