Bid Protest Festivus — A Review of 2019 and What We Can Do Better in 2020 & Service Event & Reception
Tuesday, December 3 | 4 – 7pm ET
Wiley Rein LLP
1776 K St NW
RSVP to Carolyn Hennessey
Code: 735 255 107
In the spirit of the holidays, we will have a Festivus style discussion where our esteemed panelists will discuss what they liked — and didn't like — about protests in 2019 and what changes they'd like to see in 2020. Topics will range from best practices to ensure your client gives you all the relevant information you need to pursue your protest to GAO's FY19 "effectiveness rate," to "second-bite" protests-what are they, how many are there really, and are they really so bad? We will also reserve time for our members to raise other issues (or "air any grievances") relevant to the bid protest community.
Following the panel presentation, the Bid Protest Committee and Diversity Committee, with generous support from BDO USA, LLP, invites all members of the public contract law community to join us for a service event. The Diversity Committee is teaming up with N St Village, a women's organization empowering homeless and low-income women by offering a broad spectrum of services, housing, and advocacy, to package snack bags for their day center. There will also be a reception during the service event during so we can collectively celebrate another successful year.
- Cara Lasley, Associate, Wiley Rein LLP
- Scott N. Flesch, Chief — Bid Protests; Contract & Fiscal Law Division, United States Army Legal Services Agency
- Corinne A. Niosi, Senior Trial Counsel — Civil Division, United States Department of Justice
- Erin V. Podolny, Senior Attorney — Office of the General Counsel, General Law Division, United States Department of Health & Human Services
- Peter H. Tran, Assistant General Counsel — Office of the General Counsel, United States Government Accountability Office
Business casual (no ties please — don't want them getting in the way during the service event); ugly holiday sweaters optional. A basket will be provided for those needing or wanting to pay $10 to participate in the reception part of the meeting.