- Chin, One Response to the Decline of Civility in the Legal Profession: Teaching Professionalism in Legal Research and Writing, 51 Rutgers L. Rev. 889 (1999).
- Longan, Teaching Professionalism, 60 Mercer L. Rev. No. 2 659 (2009)
- Minow, Making Global Lawyers for the 21st Century – Keynote Address to the FutureEd 2 Conference at Harvard Law School (2010)
Professionalism Reflections, Analyses & Proposals
- Cooney, Walking the Legal Tightrope: Solutions for Achieving a Balanced Life in the Law, 47 San Diego L. Rev. 421 (2010)
- George, The "Rambo" Problem: Is Mandatory CLE the Way Back to Atticus?, 62 La. L. Rev. 467 (2002).
- Humbach, The National Association of Honest Lawyers: An Essay on Honesty, "Lawyer Honesty" and Public Trust in the Legal System, Vol. 20, Number 1 Pace Law Review 93 (Fall 1999).
- Jarvis and Lachter, Civility: The Ultimate Weapon?, Vol. 2. No. 1 Bloomberg Law Reports – Law Firm Management (2011)
- O'Connor, Professionalism, 76 Wash. U. L. Q. 5 (1998).
- Oseid, When Big Brother Is Watching [Out for] You: Mentoring Lawyers, Choosing a Mentor, and Sharing Ten Virtues From My Mentor, 59 S.C. L. Rev 393 (2008).
- Rizzardi, Defining Professionalism: I Know It When I See It, Bar J. (July-August 2005).
- Rhode, Lawyers and Leadership, The Professional Lawyer, Vol. 20, No. 3 (2010).
- Simon, Ethics, Professionalism, and Meaningful Work, 26 Hofstra L. Rev. 445 (1997).
- Symposium, Enhancing the Accountability of Lawyers for Unprofessional Conduct, 54 South Carolina L. Rev. 869 (Summer 2003).
- Symposium, Litigation Ethics and Professionalism, 28 Stetson L. Rev. 247 (1998).
- Weymuller, Professionalism: One Lawyer’s View, Wash. State Bar Assn. August 2011 Bar News (professionalism issue)
Sociological Perspectives on Professionalism
- Daicoff, Lawyer, Know Thyself: A Review of Empirical Research on Attorney Attributes Bearing on Professionalism, Vol. 46, No. 5 The American University Law Review 1337 (June 1997)
- Kruse, Lawyers in Character and Lawyers in Role, Spring 2010 Law Journal 393
- Regan, Jr., Law Firms, Competition Penalties, and the Values of Professionalism, 13 Geo. J. Leg. Ethics 1 (1999).
- Seron, The Status of Legal Professionalism at the Close of the Twentieth Century: Lawyers and Urban Lawyers. (Review). 32 Law & Soc. Inquiry 581 (Spring 2007), American Bar Foundation.
- Weresh, I’ll Start Walking Your Way, You Start Walking Mine: Sociological Perspectives on Professional Identity Development and Influence of Generational Differences, 61 S.C. L. Rev. 337 (Winter 2009).
Future of the Legal Profession