ABA/BNA LAWYERS' MANUAL ON PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
Published by the American Bar Association and the Bloomberg BNA
Available in Print or Electronic Format!
The ABA/BNA Lawyers' Manual on Professional Conduct is the complete research resource in the field of professional responsibility and the most authoritative source for news and guidance on virtually every aspect of attorney conduct and legal ethics.
- Subscribe: Discounts available to ABA and CPR members on new subscriptions; See Pricing and Ordering Instructions.
- For a free trial subscription: visit the Bloomberg BNA website or contact your Bloomberg BNA representative or their Customer Relations department at 1-800-372-1033.
- Sign up for a complimentary e-newsletter from the ABA/BNA Lawyers’ Manual on Professional Conduct! View an issue and subscribe.
Overview of the ABA/BNA Lawyers’ Manual
on Professional Conduct
The Lawyers' Manual has three components: Current Reports, the Reference Manual, and Ethics Opinions.
1. Current Reports: issued biweekly; index issued every 4 months. Current Reports offers a topically indexed guide to new opinions as they are issued by courts, disciplinary agencies, and ethics committees, and it reports on legislative and administrative developments as well as conferences on professional responsibility. Current Reports is ideal for circulation among members of a law office.
2. Reference Manual: updated monthly. The Reference Manual thoroughly analyzes all subjects that come under the umbrella topic of legal ethics and presents extensive research in an easily accessible format.
- ABA Model Rules (full text) and related Standards and Codes
- State Ethics Rules (citations to rules and comparison charts)
- Qualifications for the Practice of Law
- Lawyer-Client Relationship
- Client Funds and Property
- Conflicts of Interest
- Trial Conduct
- Obligations to Third Persons
- Advertising and Solicitation
- Types of Practice
- Misconduct and Discipline
- Regulation of the Bar
The Lawyers' Manual offers the only national collection of digests of state and local ethics opinions on matters of professional responsibility. The digests are brief synopses organized by jurisdiction and indexed by topic for efficiency in research. In addition to digests of ethics opinions from over 65 submitting entities, the Manual contains full texts of recent ABA ethics opinions from 1980 forward.
Lawyers' Manual Staff:
Ellen J. Bennett
Elizabeth J. Cohen
Helen W. Gunnarsson