The Center Policy Implementation Committee provides assistance to jurisdictions on the review and implementation of adopted policy, promotion of policy to the bar and the public, and maintains a national clearinghouse of information on implementation efforts.
Rules of Professional Conduct
ABA House of Delegates Approves Commission on Ethics 20-20 Resolutions
On Monday, February 11, 2013, the ABA House of Delegates voted to approve the following at the ABA Midyear Meeting in Dallas, Texas:
- Revised 107A (Rule 5.5: Unauthorized Practice of Law; Multijurisdictional Practice of Law)
- Revised 107B (Model Rule for Registration of In-House Counsel)
- 107C as Amended (ABA Model Rule on Pro Hac Vice Admission)
- 107D (Disciplinary Authority; Choice of Law)
On Monday, August 6, 2012 the ABA House of Delegates voted to approve the following:
Model Rule on Practice Pending Admission
Model Rule for Registration of In-House Counsel
More information on implementation of the policies of the Multijurisdictional Practice Commission, including the Model Rule for the Licensing and Practice of Foreign Legal Consultants and the Model Rule for Temporary Practice by Foreign Lawyers.
ABA Guidelines for an International Lawyer Regulatory Information Exchange
- In August 2013, the House of Delegates adopted Resolution 104 setting forth ABA Guidelines for an International Lawyer Regulatory Information Exchange. The Standing Committee on Professional Discipline and the ABA Task Force on International Trade in Legal Services developed Resolution 104 to facilitate international regulatory cooperation.
Model Code of Judicial Conduct
Model Court Rule on Provision of Legal Services Following Determination of Major Disaster (Rule)
Military Spouse Lawyer Admission Rule
- February 2012 ABA House of Delegates Resolution and Report supporting changes in jurisdictional licensing rules for military spouses with law degrees.
- July 2012 Conference of Chief Justices resolution for admission of military spouse lawyers without examination. You can read the resolution here.
- Jurisdictional implementation of a military spouse admission rule. http://www.msjdn.org/rule-change/