Below is a quick reference version of the table of Contents .
Each Topic has a complete description of the program and materials for each workshop.
Friday, April 17, 2015
- Breakout #1 - Immigration 101
- Breakout #2 - The Users and Abusers: Technology and the Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Breakout #3 - One Stop Shops: Multiple Service Providers and the Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Breakout #4 - How Far Is Too Far: Limits of Authorized Nonlawyer Service Providers
- Breakout #5 - Connect, Collaborate, Communicate: Building Alliances for Increased Unauthorized Practice of Immigration Law Enforcement
- Breakout #6 - Everything You Want To Know About UPL (But Were Afraid To Ask)
Saturday, April 18, 2015
- Point/Counterpoint: What’s (Really) So Bad About Alternative Legal Service Providers
- Breakout #7 - There’s More than One Way to Skin a Cat: Indirect Methods of Combating UPL
- Breakout #8 - It Only Works If It Hurts: Sanction Standards as an Effective Deterrent
- Therein Lies the Rub: The Necessary Tension between Public Protection in UPL Enforcement and Ensuring Access to Justice