Discussion Draft Regarding Domestic and International Outsourcing
- Commission Co-Chairs’ Cover Memo
- Discussion Draft
- Outsourcing Questionnaire
- Comments Received
- Public Hearing Written Submissions
- Public Hearing Transcript
- ABA Ethics Opinion 08-451
- Alternative Business Structures
- Multijurisdictional Practice
- Choice of Law in Cross-Border Practice
- Client Confidentiality and Lawyers’ Use of Technology
- Lawyers’ Use of Internet Based Client Development Tools
- Admission by Motion
- Alternative Litigation Financing
Inbound Foreign Lawyers
The ABA Commission on Ethics 20/20 is studying a number of issues relating to the ability of foreign lawyers to practice in the U.S. The Commission’s Working Group on Inbound Foreign Lawyers has reviewed and considered these matters and developed Memoranda and Templates illustrating why and how foreign lawyers could be included within the current ABA Model Rules. The Commission has taken no position regarding these documents or issues. Your comments will assist the Commission in its consideration of these matters.
An introductory message from Commission Co-Chairs Jamie S. Gorelick and Michael Traynor accompanies the Memoranda and Templates.
On November 19, 2009 the Commission on Ethics 20/20 released its Preliminary Issues Outline and solicited initial comments by December 31, 2009 for consideration at its February 4, 2010 business meeting. The Commission continues to welcome comments at firstname.lastname@example.org for discussion and consideration at future meetings.
Ratings and Rankings
- Informational Report to the House of Delegates regarding law firm and lawyer ratings and rankings filed August 2011
Alternative Litigation Financing
- Alternative Litigation Financing White Paper filed as an Informational Report with the House of Delegates February 2012