Constituent Entities and Affiliate Organizations
Through its coordinating efforts, the Center promotes discussion and resolution of pressing issues of professional responsibility and fosters communication among diverse bar organizations and the various agencies that supervise and regulate the conduct of lawyers and judges.
- Center Coordinating Council
- Editorial Board of the ABA/BNA Lawyers' Manual on Professional Conduct
- Standing Committee on Client Protection
- Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Standing Committee on Professional Discipline
- Standing Committee on Professionalism
Center for Professional Responsibility Entities
- Center Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Center Policy Implementation Committee
- Center Publications Board
- Consortium on Professionalism Initiatives
- CPR Diversity Committee
- CPR/SOC Joint Committee on Ethics and Professionalism
- Planning Committee for the National Conference on Professional Responsibility
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL)
- National Client Protection Organization (NCPO)
- National Organization of Bar Counsel (NOBC)
About Committee Appointments
- The ABA President-Elect makes approximately 600 appointments to standing committees, special committees, commissions, and other entities and initiatives including the following Center entities: Standing Committees on 1) Ethics & Professional Responsibility; 2) Professional Discipline; 3) Client Protection; and 4) Professionalism; 5) the chair of the Center’s Coordinating Council; and 6) the Editorial Board of the ABA/BNA Lawyer’s Manual on Professional Conduct. Visit the Office of the ABA President for additional information.
- Center for Professional Responsibility programmatic committee members are appointed by the Chair of the Center Coordinating Council. Those include the Center’s Publications Board; Center Continuing Legal Education Committee; Policy Implementation Committee; Strategic Development Committee; and Conference Planning Committee. If you are interested in appointments to any of those committees, please e-mail your interest and contact information to [email protected].
- Membership in the Center’s Joint Committee on Ethics and Professionalism with the ABA Section Officers Conference is open to chairs or designees of ABA Section/Division ethics-related committees. Contact the Center at [email protected] with any questions about that committee.
- Membership in the Consortium on Professionalism Initiatives is open to any Center member. Send an e-mail message to [email protected] to be added to that list serve.