This toolkit provides ABA members with sample task code sets in order to facilitate the construction of matter specific work plans. To do so, consider these steps::
- Use these templates as a guide for your consideration and discussions with your client about the scope of the engagement.
- Use these templates as a starting point for your development of a work plan for the engagement.
- Pick and choose the phases and tasks relevant to the particular engagement.
- Add tasks or sub-tasks as necessary to articulate the important deliverables or work items for the engagement.
- Estimate the time needed to complete the tasks and make judgments about the size of the team needed.
- Discuss a fee arrangement with the client in conjunction with agreement on what tasks are in-scope or out-of-scope.
- Use the listed ABA and other resources to hone your skills on legal project management and non-hourly fee structures.