WWWAASSUUP!!!—it's a decade-old catchphrase for a popular series of commercials.
But WWWAASSUUP also provides a useful and catchy mnemonic to aid attorneys in remembering how to prepare for and take an effective deposition.
- What does the witness know?
- What does the witness not know?
- Where is the missing information?
- Ammunition for request to admit/motions.
- Admissions that are clean for trial/SOJ.
- Size up opposing counsel.
- Size up the witness.
- Understand the opposing party's theory.
- Undermine escape routes.
- Production—what else do you need?
Premium Content For:
- Litigation Section