Whether you are an existing member of the Section of Litigation or are thinking about joining us, you have come to the right place to meet a group of lawyers determined to achieve success in their practices, improve the profession, help their communities, and uphold the rule of law.
With a membership of 47,000 litigators, associates, and law students, there are plenty of chances to network and get involved with the Section, including our Section meetings and our 38 committees focusing on various practice specialties.
The Section also offers plenty of opportunities for CLE, business development, and public service.
Here are some of the benefits and resources available to you as a member of the Section of Litigation:
- Section Publications that include our award-winning Litigation journal (published quarterly), our monthly Litigation News, our committee content, and our topical books;
- Opportunities to participate actively in programs hosted by our 38 committees (as speakers or attendees), publications, networking activities, and roundtable discussions;
- Sound Advice podcasts covering subjects like ethics, evidence, procedure, business generation, and other current topics of interest;
- Monthly Section Newsletters, that keep you up to date on news and developments;
- Business Development Resources on marketing yourself and your firm, including BD Video Tips to help you grow your business;
- Discounts on our upcoming conferences and CLE programs; and
- Programs that reflect our commitment to public service, children’s rights, pro bono work and a diverse and inclusive profession—and that provide platforms for the voice of the litigator; and
- Unique access to experts, shared initiatives, and thought and content collaboration with Section partner Ankura (Section Sponsor), LexisNexis (Meetings Sponsor), and NERA (Meetings Sponsor).
We hope that you are enjoying these benefits as a member—and that you will join us if you are not a member so that you can start enjoying them right away!
I welcome your questions, suggestions, or feedback about our Section and look forward to seeing you at our Section meetings.
Palmer Gene Vance II
2018–19 Section Chair