Congratulations! You are a member of the ABA's Section of Litigation. Now what?
Section Membership is the premier association for litigators and trial practice. It affords you access to the latest information that will enhance your practice, CLE credits and multiple opportunities to network with the best litigators throughout the country. Here are a few tips for making the most of your Section Membership:
1. Join Committees: You can join any of the Section's 40 Committees free as part of your Section Membership. Learn about the various committees and join the ones that best suit your practice.
2. Email Committee Leaders: Want to become involved in a specific committee? Email a cochair to see how you can become more involved. Section Leaders are always looking for ideas and help.
3. Share your knowledge: Want to write an article on the latest practice area, legal standard, or practice management tip? Become a published author by contacting any committee's newsletter or website subcommittee chair and publishing an article in the committee's next newsletter or on that committee's website.
4. Use social media: The Section and its Committees are on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram. "Friend" our social media outlets and stay connected with the latest Section developments, and your fellow members.
5. Go to a meeting: The Section and each Committee has multiple CLE and networking opportunities throughout the country for you to attend. Look at what's coming up on the Events page. Some examples include the Professional Success Summit in Atlanta, GA from November 14–16, 2016; the Corporate Counsel Seminar in Orlando, FL from February 16–18, 2017; and the LGBT Forum on May 2–3, 2017 in San Francisco, CA. And don't miss the Section's biggest and most attended CLE program: the 2017 Section Annual Conference May 2–5 in San Francisco, CA.
This is just a sample of how you can make your ABA Section of Litigation membership work for you. We hope that you become involved and look forward to meeting you!