Message from the Cochairs
We are excited to start this new bar year with a renewed energy for collaboration among our members and hope you will join us for the ride!
Membership in the Products Liability Committee provides access to a national network of amazing products lawyers on both sides of the “v,” as well as substantive content to enhance our members’ practical knowledge and skills. Our Committee offers many opportunities to get involved in multiple ways, catering to each member’s skill set and interests: speaking on and moderating panels (live and virtual), writing (newsletters, journal articles, book chapters), planning meetings and CLE seminars, and/or leading one of our subcommittees. Our subcommittees cover key areas within the products liability litigation arena and develop focused content for practitioners in those areas.
Our subcommittees and their cochairs include:
- Automotive: Robert Duckels, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, PC; Bryan A. Coleman, Maynard Cooper & Gale PC
- Chemical Products: Cliff Kinney, Spilman, Thomas & Battle; Ira Gonzalez, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP (looking for additional cochair)
- Corporate Counsel: Megan S. Wynne, Turtle Beach Corporation; Chris Johnson, Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP; Nathaniel S. Hatcher, Hill Ward Henderson
- Emerging Technologies & Consumer Products: William O’Connor, Cooley LLP; Matthew Grosack, Holland & Knight; Alan D. Mathis, Butler Snow LLP
- Food & Supplements: Daniel S. Wittenberg, Snell & Wilmer LLP; Keri E. Borders, King & Spalding
- Membership, Diversity & Inclusion: Alina Alonso Rodriguez, Bowman & Brooke
- Newsletter: Joseph A. (Jay) Ford, Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC; Jamie Walls, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices & Biotech: Adriane Peralta, Sidley Austin LLP; Amir Nassihi, Shook Hardy & Bacon
- Website/Social Media: Lee Ziffer, Kuchler Polk Weiner, LLC
- Women in Products Liability: Sarah B. Miller, Bass Berry & Sims PLC; Angela Strickland, Bowman and Brooke; Rachel Raphael, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Young Lawyers: Holly Weaver, Carlton Fields
The 2022–2023 bar year is off to a fantastic start for our Committee. We have the following virtual and in-person CLE seminars scheduled this fall, planned by our extraordinary subcommittee chairs (click the links for event and registration information):
- March 2023—Pharmaceutical/Medical Device/Biotech Regional CLE
- April 19–21, 2023— Section of Litigation Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA
- SAVE THE DATE! November 1–3, 2023—Women in Litigation Joint CLE Conference, San Diego, CA
The Products Liability Committee members also provide substantive content via our Practice Points, Sound Advice, and Newsletter. Find our most recent publications and archives of previous versions at the links below:
- Committee Newsletters
- Sound Advice & Roundtable Recordings
- Practice Points
- Programs & Materials
We are also very excited to report that the Environmental & Energy, Mass Torts, Product Liability Joint CLE will be back in-person, February 1–3, 2023, in Vail, Colorado! The Joint CLE combines 2+ days of substantive CLE programming with great networking opportunities and skiing and other winter activities. In the spring, the Litigation Section will also host its Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA, from April 19–21, 2023. Be on the lookout for more programming and registration information for both of these fabulous events.
We hope you will consider getting involved with the Products Liability Committee. From programming to networking to taking an active role in our Committee’s events, there are many benefits to membership. We also hope you will reach out to any of the co-chairs to tell us what the Committee can do to benefit your practice.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the Product Liability events!
Cliff Kinney, Josh Johanningmeier, and Courtenay Youngblood Jalics
Cohairs, Products Liability Committee