The Intellectual Property Litigation Committee is one of the 40 practice groups open to all members of the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation. Joining the committee entitles a member to a number of benefits (see list below). The committee’s leadership is made up of experienced litigators from all over the country working to keep I.P. litigators fully up to date in all areas relating to patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, the Internet, and related unfair competition cases. Though focusing on federal law, it also touches upon state law and international concerns. We are one of the largest and most active substantive law committees in the Section of Litigation.
To accomplish this goal, the committee provides its members with these benefits:
- Intellectual Property Litigation newsletter;
- networking opportunities with leading practitioners;
- discounted CLE programs;
- invitations to substantive meetings and social events;
- opportunities to write for committee publications, speak on committee panels, and participate in the activities of our subcommittees, see list below.
Whether you want to receive Intellectual Property Litigation, learn from and network with top litigators, or contribute to our programs and publications, or all of the above, join us. Section of Litigation members may join up to three committees at no charge.
Message from the Chairs
If You Handle IP Litigation, This Is Your Home
Welcome to the Intellectual Property Committee of the ABA’s Section of Litigation. As one of the Section’s largest committees, we are home to thousands of practitioners from around the United States and the world. Our mission is to help you make the most of your practice.
The IP Litigation Committee provides these benefits to its members:
- Quarterly newsletter—the best IP writing around and an opportunity for you to be published.
- Articles and case updates on our webpage.
- Regular free phone conferences or webinars on a variety of topics, including discussions with top trial lawyers, academics, and judges.
- Regional CLE events starring the best and the brightest providing practical advice for you.
- Sound Advice, digestible audio recordings to help your practice.
- Opportunities to participate in the setting of policy by the ABA on IP matters, such as the three resolutions before the House of Delegates in the past year.
- Many opportunities to network, build your IP resume, and further your practice.
We welcome your feedback on what benefits you enjoy, what you’d like to see more of, and what additional benefits we can provide to you, our members. We are looking for committee members who are interested in becoming more involved in our work, whether through writing for the newsletter, contributing practice points for our website, presenting programs, mentoring, or membership outreach. For more information about opportunities to become involved, please contact one of us.
• Trade Secrets
• Women & IP
• Young Lawyers
Find contact information for committee and subcommittee chairs: