2021 Virtual Professional Success Summit
Dedicated to maximizing the potential of litigators from underrepresented racial and ethnic backgrounds, the Professional Success Summit, March 29–30, 2021, will provide you with the keys to success so that you can create a distinguishable and marketable identity among today's litigators.
Who Should Attend
- Litigators from racial and ethnic backgrounds that have been traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession who are ready to achieve the highest levels of professional accomplishment in the courtroom and in the boardroom.
- Emerging leaders seeking to expand and polish their management, coaching, and business skills
- Law firm and in-house legal department diversity, equity, and inclusion stakeholders interested in learning how to attract, retain, and serve the needs of their racially and ethnically diverse litigators as they advance within the organization.
- Any lawyer who values diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal profession who is looking for impactful programming and networking opportunities.
Plenary programs will cover topics like:
- Lawyers of Color Reflect on Their Obligations to Impact Society
- Equity Partners of Color: Unicorns Breaking Glass Ceilings
- Mastering the Art of Evaluation
- Demystifying Judicial Elections and Selection Processes: State and Federal Courts
The Professional Success Summit provides unique opportunities for lawyers of color to see, hear, and meet attorneys, distinguished judges, and leading in-house and outside counsel. Make new contacts at our networking events:
- (BYO) Networking Lunch: Grab a quick bite and "join the virtual table" to connect with other litigators of color.
- Welcome Reception: Mingle with Summit attendees and hear from civil rights activists Pearl Cleage and Eugene H. Russell, IV as they discuss the animated short, SIT IN.
- Keynote (BYO) Luncheon: Bakari Sellers will discuss his book, My Vanishing Country (the first 150 registrants will receive a free copy!).
New to This Year's Summit!
Going Through the Motions: An Oral Advocacy Workshop
March 31 | 12:00 PM–5:20 PM ET
This add-on session will afford young lawyers an opportunity to argue motions before a panel of highly acclaimed and esteemed volunteer jurists and receive real-time feedback. The workshop is free for Professional Success Summit registrants, and the deadline to register is March 9. Space is limited—only a few spots remain!