This committee assists the litigator of domestic relations and family law disputes through the presentation of programs, forums for exchange of information, and regular communication on family law matters. A particular focus of the family law committee is on providing representation or assistance to unrepresented parties in family law matters, through pro se and pro bono efforts, and the role that individual practitioners and the bar can play in these efforts.
The committee follows national developments in family law litigation and brings appropriate issues to the attention of the Section for its input and action.
Message from the Chairs
The Family Law Litigation Committee would like to remind every member of the Committee as to the opportunities available for those that seek to become involved with the Committee. Depending on your preference, whether it is writing, editing or programming, there is something for each and every member of the Committee. The following are some of the opportunities available to our Committee Members:
- Membership (retaining and attracting members to the Committee)
- Programs and CLEs (proposals for Roundtables)
- Sound Advice
- E-Newsletter (helping the Newsletter Editor obtain submissions, review, and editing the submissions for publication)
- Website (updating the Committee website with news and developments of interest to our membership)
- Social Media (assist the Subcommittee Chair with LinkedIn content for the Committee’s subaccount)
Committee participation is rewarding as you will be able to network with other family law professionals across the country and exchange ideas that will strengthen your core skill set. If you are interested, please contact either of the Committee Co-Chairs, the Hon. Keathan Frink at email@example.com or Rita M. Aquilio at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to your participation in the ABA 2018–2019 Year!
Rita M. Aquilio and the Hon. Keathan Frink
Co-Chairs of the Family Law Litigation Committee
Our active subcommittees include:
Rita M. Aquilio
David L. Gresen
Social Media Chair
Sahmra A. Stevenson