Our mission is to ensure that traditionally underrepresented groups work at every level of the Section and to advance our position as a leader in the ABA-wide effort to build a legal community that reflects the wider communities we serve.
Recognizing that diversity enriches us as individuals and as a profession, the Diversity and Inclusion Committee is committed to
- setting Section-wide expectations for an inclusive culture;
- supporting inclusion and retention efforts that focus on traditionally underrepresented groups;
- learning from and applying best practices of other institutions and industries;
- measuring the Section’s successes and shortcomings, consistently assessing the committee’s own impact;
- challenging the status quo when necessary; and
- communicating the committee’s mission, the action it requires, and the success it promises.
The Section of Litigation recognizes that building a supportive, inclusive community of lawyers where every individual in the Section is given the opportunity to succeed is only the first step.