Message from the Chairs
Thank you for visiting the Consumer Litigation Committee homepage. The Consumer Litigation Committee is committed to providing its members with current and informative content on the most recent opinions and issues affecting their practices, along with practical tips for consumer litigators seeking to improve their litigation and business development skills.
For the 2022-2023 bar year, we expect to build upon the advancements we made last year as a committee. Among other things, last year we greatly expanded our subcommittee roster and produced more written content for our members than any other similar committee. For our work, the Litigation Section recognized our committee with the award for “Best Content for Young Lawyers.” We welcome your support as we continue to increase member engagement and expand both our robust membership roster and the leadership opportunities for our members.
If you are not yet a member of the Consumer Litigation Committee, joining is easy (and free) with your Section of Litigation membership. Be a part of the exceptional content, programs, networking, and marketing opportunities we provide to consumer litigators by participating in the activities described below.
- Attend Monthly Committee Calls. Join our calls and get introduced to our committee members. We hold our monthly call the second Tuesday of every month at 1:00 p.m. EST. Email our membership chair to receive the dial-in number/Zoom link.
- Write a Practice Point. In as few as 100 words, you can provide a quick update on a new decision or offer your advice on how to hone litigation skills or grow your practice. Contact our web editor to get published on the Committee’s website or in its next newsletter.
- Contribute to our Newsletter. The committee publishes articles in an electronic newsletter each winter and summer, and also on the committee’s webpage throughout the year. These articles contain information, analysis, and strategies for both new and experienced consumer litigators and are prepared in an easy-to-read magazine style (750 to 2,500 words). Articles can lead to speaking opportunities at Roundtables and CLE programs. Contact our newsletter editor to discuss your article ideas and the submission deadlines for our upcoming newsletters.
- Record a Sound Advice Podcast. Our Sound Advice podcasts provide quick five- to fifteen-minute discussions on a variety of interesting topics and can be accessed at any time from our webpage. Contact one of our committee cochairs (bios linked below) if you would like to learn how to record a podcast from your phone, laptop, or desktop.
- Host a Roundtable Discussion. The Consumer Litigation Committee also presents telephonic and Zoom discussions on topics of interest in a slightly longer format (half an hour to one hour). Because these discussions do not require CLE accreditation, they are a great way to offer useful content with short lead-time.
- Develop a CLE Program. We also plan and sponsor CLE programs at the Consumer Litigation Committee Regional Meeting and through webinars. These programs provide excellent opportunities to get to know other practitioners, judges, experts, and vendors from across the country. Contact our Regional Meeting cochair if you have a program idea that you would like to develop.
We thank you for your support of the committee’s work and look forward to working with you this year.
Cochairs, Consumer Litigation Committee