chevron-down Created with Sketch Beta.
ABA Veterans Claims Assistance Network

For Veterans

What resources are available to help me?

While VCAN is no longer accepting cases, there are other programs and resources that can help you:

For VA benefits claims, you may contact a VA-recognized Veterans Services Organization (VSO) that can help you for free throughout the entire claims process. Visit, click on "Need help? Appoint a claims agent, attorney, or Veteran Service Organization (VSO) to assist you."

If you are seeking legal assistance from an attorney to appeal a VA decision on your benefits claims or if you are facing other legal problems, visit the Directory of Programs on ABA Home Front to find a state-by-state guide of local legal resources available in your community.

You can also visit Stateside Legal, which provides: legal information and resources important to the rights and benefits of individuals with military service, as well as their families and caregivers; a national directory (searchable by state or zip code) of free and low-cost legal service providers, state agencies, law school clinics and other resources; and specialized information and resources for advocates and attorneys who want to help veterans, servicemembers and their families.

If you are an active-duty servicemember, visit the ABA Military Pro Bono Project to learn about your eligibility and how to seek a referral.