In 1921, the American Bar Association promulgated its first Standards for Legal Education. At the same time, the ABA began to publish a list of ABA-approved law schools that met the ABA Standards. From 1926 to 1935, this information was published as A Review of Legal Education by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement and Teaching and edited by Afred Z. Reed. In 1935, the ABA Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar undertook responsibility for the publication with data collection provided by the National Conference of Bar Examiners. The Review of Legal Education continued to be published in that format until 1973 when the Standards were published separately in the ABA Standards and Rules of Procedure.