In September 2008, the Council of the Section of the Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar began a comprehensive review of the ABA Standards and Rules of Procedure for the Approval of Law Schools. The revised Standards and Rules became legally effective at the end of the ABA Annual Meeting on August 12, 2014.
- 2008 Comprehensive Review Memo
- Statement of Principles of Accreditation and Fundamental Goals of a Sound Program of Legal Education
- Transition to and Implementation of New Standards and Rules
- Revised Standards (Redline)(pdf)
- Revised Standards (Clean Copy)
- Revised Standards (Redline)(Word)
- Explanation of Changes
- Overview of Changes
- Meeting materials and comments submitted during the Comprehensive Review are available by request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, affiliation, and a detailed explanation of the reason for the request.