ATJ Expansion Project
In 2012 and 2013, with funding from the Public Welfare Foundation, Kresge Foundation, and Bauman Foundation, we made a series of one–time grants to grow the ATJ Commission movement in the U.S.
- Innovation Grants enabled ATJ Commissions to develop and test new approaches that can potentially be replicated in other states.
- Expansion Grants funded efforts to explore creation of new ATJ Commissions and help them get off to a strong start.
These grants have yielded a rich collection of insights and resources that will be useful to other states.
Expansion grants promoted the development and effective launch of new Access to Justice Commissions. Funded activities included:
- Task force/coalition to identify needs and potential solutions
- Regional/statewide Access to Justice hearings
- Strategic planning
- Conference to launch new Commission
The Library of resource materials produced under the Expansion Grants that may be useful to other states developing or launching a new Commission.