The National Meeting of State Access to Justice Commission Chairs is the preeminent national gathering of access to justice commission members and other stakeholders. The meeting offers substantive programming delivered by national experts, and unique networking opportunities for state supreme court justices, judges, bar association and foundation officials, legal aid directors, funder organization officials, law school faculty, and of course commission members and staff. This all-day event (8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) includes continental breakfast and lunch.
The National Meeting of State Access to Justice Commission Chairs will be held at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 1155 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101, which is a short walking distance from the hotel at which a room block has been reserved for meeting attendees (see below).
- A block of hotel rooms for the 2018 National Meeting of State Access to Justice Commission Chairs is available at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, 1 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101 (Phone: 619-564-3333) under the ABA/NLADA Equal Justice Conference room rate of $209 per night, exclusive of tax.
- Reservations must be made by Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at 5:00 pm (CST).
- The special room rate will be available until Tuesday, April 3rd or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
- All reservations shall be guaranteed by credit card or deposit check.
- Individuals with guaranteed reservations must cancel their reservations 72 hours prior to the scheduled day of arrival to avoid a one-night cancellation charge.
Timetable of Events
|8:00–8:30 a.m.||Continental Breakfast and Registration|
|8:30–10:00 a.m.||Opening Plenary|
|10:15–11:30 a.m.||Topical Breakouts|
|11:30–11:45 a.m.||Grab & Go Box Lunch (bring back to Peer State Breakouts)|
|11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.||Peer State Breakouts|
|1:00–2:15 p.m.||Topical Breakouts|
|2:30–3:00 p.m.||Table Talks|
|3:10–3:30 p.m.||Closing Plenary|