Conflicts Issues in Public Defense: Challenges and Solutions
- Illinois v. Cole - PD Conflict Case
- New York State Bar Association - Ethics Opinion 975
- Georgia Advisory Opinion 10-1
- Bibliography: Public Defense Conflicts
Public Defender Workloads: Responding to the Crisis
- ABA Ten Principles of a Public Defense Delivery System
- ABA Eight Guidelines of Public Defense Workloads
- Ethics Opinion 06-441 - Defender Caseloads
- Florida Supreme Court Opinion
- The Louisiana Project
- The Rhode Island Project
- State ex rel. Missouri Public Defender Commission v. Waters - Opinion
- Missouri State Public Defender
- Securing Reasonable Caseloads by Norman Lefstein
- Miami Public Defense Litigation Pleadings
Fines, Fees, and Misdemeanor Courts
- Biloxi Materials
- ACLU Guide for Public Defenders
- ACLU Challenging Debtors' Prisons Webinar
- Lawful Collection of Legal Financial Obligations
- Kammen Statement Nashiri
- News Articles on GITMO withdrawal
- Why the collapse of Al-Nashiri's defense team matters
- Civilian lawyers defy judge's order to travel to Guantanamo for war court showdown
- Federal judge blocks military judge from having U.S. marshals seize defense attorney
- Indiana lawyer avoids arrest—for now—amid claims of Guantanamo Bay government surveillance
- Pentagon upholds contempt ruling against top Guantanamo lawyer
- Many say he's the least qualified lawyer ever to lead a Guantanamo case. He agrees.
- Frustrated military tribunal judge indefinitely halts Cole bombing case
Innovations in Public Defense
The Judicial Role: What Role Should Judges Play in Criminal Justice Reform?
Progressive Prosecution: Can Prosecutors Help Drive Criminal Justice Reform?
- Sklansky - Progressive Prosecution
- Are prosecutors the key to justice reform?
- Philadelphia Materials
- Progressive civil rights lawyer to be the next Philadelphia district attorney
- Krasner dismisses 31 from Philly DA's office in dramatic first-week shakeup
- Philly DA Larry Krasner won't seek cash bail in certain crimes
- Philadelphia DA adopts new guidelines for juvenile-lifer cases
- Philly DA wants prison costs included as judge calculates offender's debt to society
- Nueces County Materials
- Meet Nueces County's new DA, a self-professed 'Mexican biker lawyer covered in tattoos'
- Changes for handling marijuana cases
- The new war on drugs: Jeff Sessions and the DOJ are pushing for hardline marijuana policies. Prosecutors across the country are pushing back.
- New DA offers plea deals for several high-profile felony cases