Why This Is A "Can't Miss" Event
If you are a leader in a Section, Division or Forum, then the SOC Fall Leadership Meeting is a one-of-a-kind meeting that you should not miss. It is no exaggeration to say that, if you attend, you will:
- Review the best practices of your office and also ways to bring value to members, improve communications, and plan - both strategic and financial;
- Step outside of you SDF to network with and learn from leaders in other SDFs;
- Get a snapshot of the present condition of our SDFs and have opportunities to discuss where we can go and how we can get there;
- Explore and create opportunities for collaboration with other SDFs;
- Hear from and meet the ABA president, president-elect, executive director, and the administrative staff who support your staff directors (there will be Q&A sessions);
- Get a clear picture of ABA structure, how things work, and how you and your SDF fit that structure; and , MOST IMPORTANTLY,
- Review ABA Goals, especially DEI and rule of law, and how your work in the ABA serves goals that are fundamental to our profession and to constitutional government.
This is the only meeting of the Association that invites the participation of all SDF Officers, offers programs for the orientation of new leaders, reviews leader responsibilities, and delivers networking that will promote and facilitate collaboration and a discussion of current projects and initiatives.
Join us for the 2023 SOC Fall Leadership Meeting from September 12 - 14, 2023 at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago in Chicago, IL.
Please make your hotel reservations at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel no later than by Monday, August 14th at 5pm CST. For more information, please visit the Travel/Accommodations page on the registration site.
For questions about the SOC Fall Leadership Meeting, please email [email protected].
Plenary #2 – On Task! Up-to-Date Reporting on the Work of Active Task Forces
Plenary #4 - Membership and Marketing
Class Breakout - Secretaries: Best Practices for Running Effective Meetings
- Secretary Role within SDFs
- Model Section Bylaws
- Robert's Rules of Order Cheat Sheet
- ABA Secretary Page
Class Breakout - Budget & Finance Officers
Class Breakout - Diversity Officers, Membership & Marketing/Communication Officers
Delegate Class Breakout - Tips for Preparing Compelling Resolutions
- HOD Webpage
- Drafting Guidelines
- Checklist for Formatting Resolutions
- Tips for Submitting Resolutions
- HOD Resolution Template