Lawyer Assistance Programs (LAPs) throughout the country provide confidential services and support to judges, lawyers and law students who facing are mental health or substance use issues.
To find the lawyers assistance program in your jurisdiction view directory.
Law Practice Management/Leadership
- This article shares specifics about mental health and panic associated with COVID-19. Read article
Staying Mentally Healthy
- Action for Happiness Coping Calendar
- Challenges for mental health and coping mechanisms during COVID-19 are outlined by the CDC
- Coping with Fear and Panic
- Daily, Free Guided Meditations
- Dealing with the grief over losses, cancellations, etc.
- Easy Ways to Integrate Self-Care into Your Daily Life
- Emotions Anonymous: "An international fellowship of people who desire to have a better sense of emotional well-being" (online weekly meetings available)
- For Parents – Give Yourself Permission to Recharge
- Free Meditations: Oprah & Deepak 21-Day Meditation Experience on Finding Hope in Uncertain Times (20-25 min daily sessions) Center for Mindful Self-Compassion (45 min daily sessions)
- During these uncertain times, legal employers can benefit from intentionally building opportunities for employees to connect as part of their COVID-19 response plan. Learn more from Gallagher Global Innovation Leader, Organizational Wellbeing, Kathleen Schulz in this article, “COVID-19 and Emotional Wellbeing.”
- How Sleep Affects Your Mental Health
- How the Wisdom of 12-Step Programs Can Help Get Us Through April
- Mental Health Tips for Working Remotely
- The Benefits of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Wellness
- Mindfulness in Law Society’s free online resources:
including Mindful Mondays, a free virtual guided meditation session each week
- Positive Psychology Strategies for Dealing with a Crisis (The Crisis Kit)
- Great tips for staying mentally healthy
- Find tips for managing our mental health in troubling times
- Suggestions for taking care of your mental health in the face of uncertainty from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Association for the Mentally Ill Online Support Groups
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
Substance Use Resources
Free, confidential 24/7 support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for oneself and others Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
Law Student Resources
Visit the ABA Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs’ website for additional information and resources about mental health and substance use.