CoLAP would like to collaborate with you. The Commission can help:
- Plan and produce panels, presentations and articles;
- Establish wellness programs, lawyer assistance committees and best practices within your organizations; and
- Prepare and provide materials for your educational and outreach endeavors.
Too often, lawyers do not take the measures necessary to seek help until it is too late. We need your help to assist with our outreach efforts. Let us know how we can be a resource to you so that together we can advance well-being for all those in our profession. Contact us to start the conversation.
National Task Force on Lawyer Well-Being
The Task Force is a coalition of entities within and outside the ABA, including the Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs (CoLAP), National Organization of Bar Counsel (NOBC) and Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL), with a mission to “create a movement to improve the health and well-being of the legal profession.
Visit the new Task Force Website
ABA Working Group to Advance Well-Being in the Legal Profession
The Working Group to Advance Well-Being in the Legal Profession was created to examine and make recommendations regarding the current state of attorney mental health and substance use issues with an emphasis on helping legal employers support healthy work environments.
The Working Group was formed at the request of Immediate Past-President Hilarie Bass and will continue to operate under President Bob Carlson’s leadership.
Other ways to get involved:
- Reach out to your local LAP for educational and training opportunities.
- Join the CoLAP General Listserv for updates and discussions around these issues. Contact Theresa Gronkiewicz to join.
- Let Theresa Gronkiewicz know if you are interested in joining a CoLAP committee.
Download the CoLAP info sheet
Need a CoLAP PowerPoint slide for your presentations?
Two different versions are available for download.