Want to lead, advocate, and shape policy on a national scale? Network with prominent attorneys and law students from around the country? You can! There are many ways to get involved with the ABA as a law student leader.
Applications are currently closed.
You must complete the application form in its entirety, including the required attachments:
- Your Required Certification Form PDF
- Statement/resume PDF
- Headshot image
- Publicly available video statement link (optional, 5 minute maximum time limit, and not needed for editorial positions)
- For editorial positions only: links or single PDF of three non-academic writing samples (blog, news, or social media).
Links and notes for interested law students
- Go Premium! To be eligible to hold a leadership position in the Division you must be an ABA Premium Law Student member.
- Current Division Council Members. Please reach out to the current members of the current Division Council to learn about the positions.
- Law Student Division Bylaws. Applicants should review the bylaws.
- Elections Code. All applicants for Law Student Division positions are responsible for reading the Division’s Elections Code.
- Law Student Division Diversity Plan.
Entity Liaison positions have occasional openings through the year. Check out the Law Student Liaison page for details.