Not only will you join your peers on the Law Student Division Council, but you will also be a voting member of the ABA Board of Governors and ABA House of Delegates. Meaning, you have some serious power. In this role, you cannot forget Uncle Ben’s warning, “With great power, comes great responsibility,” because you are the liaison between the students and the greater ABA when it comes to initiatives and changes being made in the ABA.
Your previous organizational leadership experience will come in handy in this position. A lot of your time will also be spent working closely with the high ranking officials in the ABA, so your punctuality, articulate communication, and positive attitude will help you succeed.
- Time commitment: 15-20 hours weekly.
- Election Method: Elected in March by an electronic vote of the Assembly.
- Officer-Elect Period: Serves immediately upon election in a non-voting, Officer-Elect capacity on the Council through the conclusion of the next ABA Annual Meeting in August.
- Term: Assumes the official one-year term starting at the next Annual Meeting through the following Annual Meeting (August to August).
- Membership Level: Must be a Premium Law Student Division member.