As the single voice for law students in the official law school accrediting body, your role is vital to keeping the Law Student Division informed of upcoming legal education issues and discussions.
A unique passion for education is precisely what makes you a great fit for this position.
A proven ability to interact professionally with senior officials and academics will help you in this role. Background or experience in higher education administration or policy is also a plus.
- Time commitment: 15-20 hours weekly.
- Election Method: Three applicants are recommended to the ABA Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar by the Law Student Division Nominating Committee. The successful candidate is be appointed by the Council of the Section of Legal Education.
- Education Director-Elect Period: Once the Section of Legal Education nominates a single candidate, typically sometime in the spring, that candidate will serve in an Officer-Elect, non-voting capacity on the Law Student Division Council.
- Term: Assumes the official one-year term starting at the next Annual Meeting through the following Annual Meeting (August to August).
- Membership Level: Must be a Premium Law Student Division member.
The Education Director:
- Serves as the Law Student on the Council of the Section of Legal Education.
- Liaises between the Law Student Division and Section of Legal Education, keeping Law Student Division leadership informed of upcoming issues and concerns in legal education.
- Works with the Section of Legal Education and the Division Director to maintain and develop Division Education programs, plans, and activities.
- Attends Section of Legal Education Council meetings (5 meetings annually).
- Promotes the Division’s programs, activities, and national competitions through regular communications with the ABA.
- Assists with planning and coordinating Legal Education programming held at the ABA Annual Meeting.
- Assists in the Division's Elections as well as judging the National Awards.
- Serves on the Division Council.
- Participates on Division Council conference calls.
- Follow and understand the current Law Student Division Bylaws.