The Diversity Committee will help the Law Student Division reach, engage with, and support law students of varying genders, national origin, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and law students with disabilities. The committee will develop, produce, and promote meaningful resolutions, events, programming, and content.
Applications are currently closed.
- Work with the committee chair and staff to propose and execute new projects, new resources, and new content.
- Support and promote existing Division diversity initiatives.
- Encourage SBAs and law students to hold programs and events throughout the year that focus on resources and support for the needs of diverse students.
- Create a Diversity Toolkit to help students develop ideas for new programs and provide instructions for creating programs.
- Promote successful SBA diversity events and programs throughout the year.
Time commitment: 10 hours monthly.
Term: Committees serve a one-year term beginning at the conclusion of Annual Meeting through adjournment of the following Annual Meeting.
To hold a Committee position, students must be:
- A law student attending an ABA-approved law school;
- A Premium Law Student Division member* during the bar year you will serve;
- A law student in good standing at law school (not on academic probation or suspension) during the academic year;
- A law student who has not received his/her first degree in law; and
- A law student attending law school during the academic year subsequent to June 1, 2023
- A law student who is in compliance with the submission deadlines and requirements.