It’s been an exhilarating year so far, and we still have many months to go! To date, the Law Practice Division had a successful Fall Meeting in Portland, Oregon. The meeting highlights included welcoming new Division members into our committees, networking with them, putting on substantive roundtable programming and setting the course for achieving LP goals for our current year and beyond.
Our delivery boards, including Book Publishing, the Legal Technology Resource Center (LTRC), Law Practice magazine and Professional Development, recently met at the ABA Midyear Meeting in Austin, Texas, to continue producing LP’s top-tier content for ABA and LP members. Our publishing program produces hyper relevant practice management titles that include:
- Worldox in One Hour for Lawyers.
- Automating Legal Services.
- The 2020 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide.
Our Legal Technology Resource Center has published its annual ABA Legal Technology Survey Report, including:
- Volume I: Online Research.
- Volume II: Technology Basics.
- Volume III: Law Office Technology.
- Volume IV: Marketing & Communication Technology.
- Volume V: Life & Practice.
You can purchase the complete set, Combined Volumes I-V, or each volume individually at americanbar.org/products.
Want to immediately take advantage of your LP membership and included benefits? Check out LTRC’s ABA TECHREPORT. The current reports include Big Data & Cloud Computing, Websites & Marketing, Practice Management, Technology Training, Lawyer Well-Being, Cybersecurity, Firm Culture, Budgeting & Planning, and Solo & Small Firm. The Division continues to make substantial contributions to the ABA’s CLE Marketplace. The CLE is an included value of your ABA membership, and there are more than 400 widely accredited online webinars and on-demand programs. Our topics have included:
- Managing a Multi-Jurisdictional Practice.
- Best of ABA TECHSHOW: Do Unicorns Exist? The Paperless Law Office.
- Best of ABA TECHSHOW: Anatomy of a Data Breach: Analyzing Past Breaches to Minimize Risks.
- Is It Privileged? A Young Lawyer’s Guide to Preparing a Privilege Log in Commercial Litigation.
- PowerPoint for Legal.
- Office 365 Collaboration for Legal.
- Practicing Law Ethically in a Technological Minefield.
- Transforming a Solo Practice With Practice Management Software.
- Important Considerations for Increasing Law Firm Revenue.
Please check www.lawpractice.org for the latest meetings and important status updates for upcoming meetings.
Thanks for being an important part of our year so far, and we hope to see you at the finish line. We look forward to seeing many of you at the ABA Annual Meeting.