December 21, 2022, at 2pm EST
Each year in our December program, we try to look back at the previous year to determine what we have learned and apply that learning as we plan for the coming year. Seldom has this exercise been as apropos as this year, when we are easing out of reclusion and back into public life, as we attempt to discover what will be the new normal. For this program, we will draw on our collective knowledge and experience as we provide guidance to each other and our audience. We also will reflect on the information provided by the ABA Practice Forward study and attempt to interpret its significance for our members. We will highlight a number of topics, including:
- Understanding differing “normals” in small firms and BigLaw
- Reviewing the significance of the ABA Practice Forward study – and the lessons learned in 2022
- Grappling in 2023 with the move to hike legal fees and client dismay
- Understanding “People Law” and why it’s so critical in solo/small firms
- Ensuring equity in the remote workplace
- Learning what successful women lawyers say contributed to their success
September 21, 2022, 1 PM EST
We are at the edge of a precipice – hybrid and remote working have dramatically changed the law firm environment. Those changes are here to stay and will continue to evolve. Lawyers at all stages of their careers are trying to make sense of how to practice, learn and build business in this new world.
- How do we best develop young associates if we don’t often see them in the office?
- Does it make sense to require more senior level lawyers to be present in the physical office?
- How can we get and give mentoring in a hybrid environment?
Our panelists will address these issues and offer key takeaways for both experienced and new attorneys:
- Explain the importance of both having a mentor and being a mentor
- Discuss how to select a mentor
- Offer takeaways about what junior and midlevel attorneys expect from a law firm and from a mentor
- Offer best practices for how to be a great mentor to associate attorneys in the evolving law firm environment
- Identify the key attributes of a successful mentorship – both for mentors and mentees