Last week President Biden signed an executive order designed to modernize the federal government's response to cyberattacks. This new EO proposes an array of actions, including facilitating increased information sharing, improving software security, enhancing cybersecurity standards and processes for government systems; and establishing a cybersecurity safety review board. In this week’s episode, moderator Maureen Kelly sits down with Jennifer Daskal and Dan Sutherland to discuss all these key components and more.
Referenced in this episode:
- Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity
- Executive Order Fact Sheet
- Dan Sutherland, “What Is a Cybersecurity Legal Practice?” April 2, 2021.
- CISA Resources on Ransomware
- Full Webinar discussion posted on ABA Cybersecurity Legal Task Force website.